All parents need extra support after a new baby is born. A postpartum doula provides education, physical and emotional support as a family transitions into life with a newborn. The services are perfectly tailored to an individual family's needs, but may include:
- education on baby care, soothing, and feeding
- providing meals, drinks, and snacks for the new mother
- assisting older siblings
- caring for the baby while the family rests, eats, or showers
- running errands or doing very light housework
- providing references for other services, such as lactation consultants
Postpartum care often begins in the first days after baby is born and lasts as long as a family needs it, typically not past 12 weeks of age. In special circumstances, such as multiples, postpartum mood disorders, deployment, illness, etc., postpartum care may begin later or last longer. A complimentary phone consultation is available to discuss your needs and see if postpartum care is right for you. Travel fees apply to distances beyond 30 miles from 77469.
In-Home Planning Meeting: $25 (applied to deposit)
Daytime Visits: $25/hour (birth clients) or $30/hour (postpartum only)
With Travel: $30/hour (birth clients) or $35/hour (postpartum only)
Prepaid packages are available at a discount of 5% off the standard rate in quantities of 4, 8, or 12 hours, which may be combined to complete a customized package. Prepaid hours may be used on any schedule agreed upon by the family and the doula, up to the total value of the package. After those prepaid hours are used, additional services will be billed on an hourly basis as described above.
The Welcome Home Package - $250
- Get extra help with the transition home! The regular Welcome Home package includes on-call availability to meet you at your home when you arrive after your birth and 2 hours of care. You will have extra hands and experienced help in settling the whole family into the home, including assisting mother in self-care, breastfeeding assistance, and helping siblings transition.
- May also include other postpartum care tasks such as preparing a meal for the family or running errands. Additional hours may be added at the standard rates, pending availability.
- Optionally, add on the Going Home package for on-call availability to meet you at the hospital before discharge. You will receive assistance with car seat installation, securing baby in the car seat, and settling everyone in for the ride home. I will then follow you home for the rest of the Welcome Home package. $100.
Availability is displayed below, but is subject to change. Please contact Heather to verify.