A doula is a professional labor support person. I offer trained, continous support during your labor and birth, including at your home and at any place of birth. My Basic Package includes:
- free consultation to discuss services and get to know each other
- one-to-two additional meetings to discuss your birth plans and explore some relaxation techniques
- continuous support throughout your labor and birth and for two hours postpartum
- a postpartum visit in your home
- access to my library of pregnancy, birth, and parenting titles
- telephone support at any time, 24/7, for any concerns
Combination packages are available and combine the Basic services above with mini-classes, group classes, and/or postpartum care. Schedule a free consultation to discuss the available packages and prices! Be sure to check out the frequently asked questions about doula care for details on how I can support you in your unique situation.
All parents need extra support after a new baby is born. A postpartum doula provides education, physical and emotional support as a family transitions into life with a newborn. The services are perfectly tailored to an individual family's needs, but may include:
- education on baby care, soothing, and feeding
- providing meals, drinks, and snacks for the new mother
- assisting older siblings
- caring for the baby while the family rests, eats, or showers
- running errands or doing very light housework
- providing references for other services, such as lactation consultants
Postpartum care often begins in the first days after baby is born and lasts as long as a family needs it, typically not past 12 weeks of age. In special circumstances, such as multiples, postpartum mood disorders, deployment, illness, etc., postpartum care may begin later or last longer. A complimentary consultation is available to discuss your needs and see if postpartum care is right for you.
See my Postpartum Services page for more information including pricing and packages.
I am pleased to offer placenta encapsulation in association with Selah Birth Services. Selah Birth is known for fast pick-up and turnaround times and offers excellent care in processing your placenta. Choose from placenta capsules, tincture, cord keepsake, and more.
I am delighted to offer the opportunity for clients and members of the community to contribute to the Illuminatal Scholarship Fund. The Scholarship is devoted to supporting women and families who may not otherwise be able to obtain doula care. For more information, visit the Scholarship page.
(Subject to change. Please call or email to verify.)
I offer several packages, with my Basic Package starting at $1100. A free consultation is available to discuss my services and see if we're a good fit. This will be arranged at a location midway between your home and mine, with all future meetings being held at your home.
For more information on classes, visit the individual pages.
Payment plans and gift certificates are available.